Purposes of Alateen
Young People Come Together To:
- share experience, strength and hope with each other.
- discuss their difficulties.
- learn effective ways to cope with their problems.
- encourage one another.
- help each other understand the principles of the Al-Anon program.
Alateen members learn:
- compulsive drinking is a disease.
- they can detach themselves emotionally from the drinker's problems while continuing to love the person.
- they are not the cause of anyone else's drinking or behaviour.
- they cannot change or control anyone but themselves.
- they have spiritual and intellectual resources with which to develop their own potentials, no matter what happens at home.
- they can build satisfying and rewarding life experiences for themselves.
More Alateen information can be found at the World Service Office Website. Just click the Alateen link @ www.al-anon.alateen.org
Alateen Meetings around Calgary
For a list of meetings around Calgary click here.
For other Canadian meetings visit the Canadian Al-Anon web site: www.al-anon.ca.
Every Alateen group needs an active, adult member of Al-Anon to serve as sponsor. The sponsor is an active part of the group, guiding and sharing knowledge of our Twelve Steps and Alateen Traditions.